[vtkusers] Displaying images with pixel values in different ranges

Mikael Brudfors brudfors at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 01:56:14 EST 2014

Hello,

I am displaying images from ITK in VTK using this method

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/IO/ImageToVTKImageFilter

The problem is that the images, being sent from ITK, have pixel values in
different ranges. As an example, image A has values ranging from 0 to 1 and
then image B has values ranging from 0 to 50000. If understood it correctly,
the way I am displaying the images right now, they are all fitted into an
interval between 0 and 255, meaning that image  A is all black and image B
is all white. Are there methods on the VTK side of this I could use to
correct the displayed images?

Thank you,

Mikael