[vtkusers] Writing multi-paged tiff image

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Dec 18 09:10:19 EST 2014

Hello,

I have recently refactored ITK's TIFFImageIO mostly for improving reading, but it supports writing 3D images as multi-paged tiffs. You can utilized ITK ImageIO by using ITK's VTK bridge module [1]. Alternatively, you can look at ITK's implementation as see about porting it to VTK[2]. I believe the writing method still has an evident heritage from VTK.

I am not a big fan for 3D tiffs because there is no standard way to store z-spacing and image origin.

Brad

[1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/group__ITKVTK.html
[2] https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/master/Modules/IO/TIFF/src/itkTIFFImageIO.cxx#L504-L764