[vtkusers] TimeRenderer and Other Examples with Errors

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Dec 9 14:09:57 EST 2014

Looks like those examples have not been updated to VTK6's refactored build
system. Which examples do you seeing this with?

Details:

in 6, we modularized VTK (increased sub-library granularity). At the same
time brought in the idea of interface modules. Now you can do things like
use something other than OpenGL for rendering (Rendering/OpenGL module and
Rendering/OpenGL2 module both implement the Rendering/Core module's
interface specification).

What is missing in these examples is that they aren't stating that they use
the OpenGL module. See the implementation modules discussion in
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Build_System_Migration#Implementation_Modules
for details.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.