[vtkusers] Web solution usage of ITK /VTK

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Dec 8 11:14:11 EST 2014

Hi Aravind,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:05 AM, Aravind Bhat <aravind.bhat at tcs.com> wrote:

> Hello VTK /ITK users,
>
> We are using the ITK / VTK libraries for POC and request your help in
> understanding the packages....
>
> 1. Do you have web based framework  ( Basically, we want to build a
> solution on web server and access through tablet or iPAD using browser. Is
> this supported in the libraries ) ?

VTK-Web and ParaViewWeb are two Web based library that let you do
interactive remote rendering using either VTK Renderer or ParaView
rendering.

> 2. When should be used* ParviewWeb libraries , *Is this for web solutions
> ?

It is a web solution that is suitable when you want to use ParaView as a
backend. For basic VTK infrastructure, you can simply use VTK Web.

> 3. Does VTK / ITK supports cross platform for Web based  ?

I don't know much about ITK but VTK Web (server side) needs (not really but
that's currently the case) to run on a Unix server while the client can be
a Web browser on iPad or any desktop.

Hope that helps,

Seb