[vtkusers] problems in the volume calculation with vtkMassProperties

-Daniel- ich_daniel at habmalnefrage.de
Wed Dec 3 09:26:41 EST 2014

Hi,
I try to calculate volumes with vtkMassProperties.
Here, I noticed the following. Look on the screenshot the sphere (radius of
10) has a volume of 4.178 and the colored Polydata has a volume of 12.454 .

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5729649/volumina1.jpg>
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5729649/volumina2.jpg>

Actually, the sphere should have a much larger volume (visual seen).
Is it because that the colored object is not closed?
How can I calculate the correct volume-result of the colored object ?