[vtkusers] vtkPropAssembly and wireframe

Greg Schussman greg.schussman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:33:19 EDT 2014

Hi.

I'm using a vtkPropAssembly to gather together a number of things so that
I can easily toggle their visibility as a group.  This seems to work quite
well.

However, before using this approach, I could hit 'w' and the render window
interactor would switch to displaying my items as wireframe.  However, now
that I'm using the vtkPropAssembly, that no longer works.

What's the best thing to do here?

Is there a way to make the wireframe toggle work with vtkPropAssembly?   If
not, is there a way  I can dive down into that assembly and set the
representation as wireframe for each item that allows it?

Or should I give up on keeping things grouped in a vtkPropAssebly, and just
manage all the individual visibility toggles myself?

Or something else that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks for any help.

Greg