[vtkusers] The color of the triangle mesh is affected after I call SetScalars

Jogging Song joggingsong at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:19:35 EDT 2014

Thanks for your timely reply, Cory.
After reading some code of VTK, maybe I find the reason. When VTK reads one
ply mesh with color, the color information is stored in scalars field of
vtkPointData. I hope to find the shortest path with weight on the mesh.
In the implementation of vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath, the weight is
obtained from scalar field of the vtkPolyData.
So when I set the scalars, the color information of the mesh is
overwritten.  I can only store color information or weight information, but
not simultaneously.

Is there one way to use the color information and weight information at the
same time?

Regards
Jogging Song