[vtkusers] How to redistribute ActiViz/VTK dll's?

franko franko at mixzon.com
Tue Aug 26 18:55:51 EDT 2014

We have a Windows .Net x86 project that has 2 executables in different
directories. Due to the evolution of the project the executables can't be in
the same directory. We would like to be able to install all the ActiViz/vtk
dll's in one "bin" directory. The executables work fine as long as all the
ActiViz/vtk dll's are included in the same directory as the executable. The
executables fail when the dll's are not present in the same directory.

Here are some things I tried:

- Change the System Environment Variable "Path" to include the path to the
directory with the dll's. The executables did not find the dll's.
- regsvr32 Kitware.VTK.dll
This reports the following error:
The module "Kitware.VTK.dll" was loaded but the entry-point
DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that "Kitware.VTK.dll" is a valid
DLL or OCX file and then try again.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!