[vtkusers] re-using allocated memory in image algorithm

Maarten Beek beekmaarten at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 10:04:44 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Is there a way to preserve the allocate memory of the put of an image algorithm?

Looking at the source code, I have the feeling that algorithms in vtk allocate memory for their output each time ExecuteData() is called. I created an image algorithm that updates almost continuously, but the image size doesn't change. So once the output is created and memory is allocated, I could just keep using this output (just calling output->Modified() after the data in the exiting memory is replaced). How would I do this?

Thanks - Maarten