[vtkusers] what is the best efficient way to delete cells in polydata?

Ahmet Doğan isimtic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 06:39:53 EDT 2014

hi,

I tried to delete cells in polydata like this example
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/PolyData/DeleteCells.
Code is compiled and worked but it cannot delete any cells which are marked!

I find another solution like this:

/    tempPData->Allocate(copyCellList->GetNumberOfIds());
     tempPData->CopyCells(pDataOut,copyCellList);
     pointsOut->Reset();
     pDataOut->Reset();
     pDataOut->DeepCopy(tempPData);
     pointsOut=pDataOut->GetPoints();
     tempPData->Delete();
     copyCellList->Delete();/

here I copy all cells which aren't delete a temporary /polydata /then
copy it again /pdataOut /but it seems very inefficient!
Is there any working method apart from this inefficient way.

Kind Regards.
Ahmet Dogan