[vtkusers] vtkUniformVariables memory leak

eternallite2 cdavid.tran at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 01:31:08 EDT 2014

I set up a shader for my vtkActor by calling the setPropProgram method of my
actor's property
(assigning it a vtkShaderProgram2):

vtkOpenGLProperty::SafeDownCast(actor->GetProperty())->SetPropProgram(program);

Then in a loop I am constantly updating a uniform variable (called time
which increments as time goes by) in that shader by calling setUniformit:

int time = 0;
time += 1;
if (time > 500)
    time = 0;

vtkOpenGLProperty::SafeDownCast(actor->GetProperty())->GetPropProgram()->GetUniformVariables()->SetUniformft("time",
1, &time);

I see the process in the Task Manager and since the time variable is
constantly being incremented, the amount of memory used by the program keeps
growing until it uses all the RAM.

Is there a particular place where I should put the setUniform calls to avoid
this memory leak;
or is this a bug inside of vtk itself.

Thanks again