[vtkusers] How to add custom shaders in OpenGL2 backend

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Aug 14 11:06:17 EDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 12:58 AM, eternallite2 <cdavid.tran at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any examples yet of how to add custom vertex and fragment shaders
> to existing actors in the renderer? (Using the OpenGL2 backend)

Not yet, we wanted to get this out there as soon as possible but there
is very little in the way of custom shaders/extension of the rendering
modes available at this stage. It is on our list, but as you may have
seen the way rendering happens has changed quite extensively.

Thanks for taking a look, we will publish an update when there is more
API in this area.

Marcus