[vtkusers] Binding a polydata to the ground

Cedric R cedric.rotolo at oce.com
Thu Aug 7 10:14:52 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have a polydata that is an elevated terrain map.
I need to add vertical faces to the polydata to "bind" it to the z=0 plane.

I consider using vtkFeatureEdges to get the boundary edges of the polydata,
create a copy of this contour and use vtkTransformFilter to project the copy
to the z=0 plane.
Then I have two questions:
1) How can I merge the contour and the projected contour into one single
"wall" polydata
2) How can I merge the "wall" polydata with the terrain map polydata?

Of course if someone knows a better/simpler way to do this, I am open to
suggestions.

Thanks

Cedric