[vtkusers] Overlay a 3D color image on a 3D grayscale image and display using vtkImagePlaneWidget

Mengda Wu wumengda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 12:11:47 EDT 2014

Hi All,

   I am trying to overlay a 3D color image (maybe from the segmentation or
color mapping) on a 3D grayscale image (original image) and display the
overlayed result using vtkImagePlaneWidget. How exactly should I achieve
this? I searched online. Some people use  vtkImageStencil or vtkImageBlend
to combine them before set it to the input of vtkImagePlaneWidget. But
these two filters run pretty slow (~15 seconds) on my 3D datasets. Are
there other ways?

Thanks,
Mengda