[vtkusers] VTK 6.1 with QT 5.3

eternallite2 cdavid.tran at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:57:21 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have a project that currently uses VTK 6.1 with QT 4.8.5 (with visual
studio 2010);
I decided to port the same project to use VTK 6.1 with QT 5.3.0 (now with
visual studio 2013).

I basically downloaded QT 5.3.0 (Beta) and recompiled VTK 6.1 using CMake
for visual studio 2013.

Running the project seems to work, but I noticed that using the QVTKWidget
seems a lot slower than
previously when using QT 4.8.5.

(Is it because QVTKWidget is derived from QWidget instead of QGLWidget? I'm
not sure... But my old project
ran at 160 fps, whereas the same identical project now runs at 60-70 fps)

Thanks for the help in advance :)