[vtkusers] Font size in vtkScalarBarActor

diego0020 da.angulo39 at uniandes.edu.co
Mon Apr 21 16:25:05 EDT 2014

Hello

I am trying to use the vtkScalarBarActor. The problem is that the font of
Labels and Title are scaled in proportion to the render size, and they are
huge. Specially in horizontal mode.

I have tried

                scalar_bar_actor.GetTitleTextProperty().SetFontSize(10)
                scalar_bar_actor.GetLabelTextProperty().SetFontSize(10)

With no success,

I looked through the mailing list and this question was asked 1 year ago,
and it appears back then there was no way of fixing the font size. Has there
been any new developments?

It would be really useful to be able to fix the font size of this labels, in
order to get consistent font size across the application. I am using the
scalarBar through the vtkScalarBarWidget, and I also tried changing the
coordinates of the representation to Viewport; but it crashed the program.
For the moment the only way I have found of decreasing the size of the font
is by changing Position2Coordinate of the Representation, but staying in
relative viewport coordinates.

Best regards

picture0.PNG <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5726868/picture0.PNG>
picture1.PNG <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5726868/picture1.PNG>