[vtkusers] Segmentation fault

elena bresciani elena.bresciani87 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:00:08 EDT 2014

Hello everybody!

I need your help with a segmentation fault error.
Using gdb I understood where it is generated but I don't know how to modify
the code to make it run.

Here's the portion of the code that I'm talking about:

*vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData> polydata = reader->GetOutput();*
(the reader is a vtkXMLPolyDataReader)

*vtkFloatArray *PointNormalArray = vtkFloatArray::SafeDownCast(
polydata->GetPointData()->GetNormals() ) ; for(vtkIdType i = 0; i <
PointNormalArray->GetNumberOfTuples(); i++) {....}*

everytime I call GetNumberOfTuples I have this error so I think the problem
is on PointNormalArray.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance

Elena