[vtkusers] VTK error dialog due to OpenGL problem

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Wed Apr 2 09:06:08 EDT 2014

The test failures shown on these dashboard submissions... :

http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK&filtercount=1&showfilters=0&field1=site/string&compare1=63&value1=neocisinc

...are symptomatic of this. That machine has an on-board Intel HD 4000
graphics processor, and is running Windows 8.x.

The fact that these chips have been sold in many brands of laptops for
a few years now and VTK has 30-something test failures out of the box
on them, has bothered me for a while... but unfortunately I have larger
fish to fry. Fortunately, however, the app that I build using VTK works
fine on the very same machine, and all of my tests pass. So whatever
functionality doesn't work is at least masked for now in my app.

Perhaps whatever you try could fix all of these failing tests in one
fell swoop...? (Wishful thinking perhaps, but a guy can hope.)

Let me know if you'd like me to try any gerrit patches on that machine.

Cheers,
David C.