[vtkusers] Read .xyz with normals into PolyData doesn't work

Florian Schiffers florian.schiffers at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Sep 18 11:57:42 EDT 2013

Hello,

I want to read an .xyz File with normals into vtkPolyData.

I found this tutorial in the examples:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/InfoVis/ReadDelimitedFile

So I tried to implement the DelimitedTextReader. But it doesn't work.
I included all header files, like it was requested:

    /#include <vtkSmartPointer.h>//
    //#include <vtkProperty.h>//
    //#include <vtkPolyDataMapper.h>//
    //#include <vtkActor.h>//
    //#include <vtkDelimitedTextReader.h>//
    //#include <vtkDoubleArray.h>//
    //#include <vtkTable.h>//
    //#include <vtkPointData.h>//
    //#include <vtkRenderWindow.h>//
    //#include <vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h>//
    //#include <vtkRenderer.h>//
    //#include <vtkVertexGlyphFilter.h>/

After that I tried to initialize the <vtkDelimtedTextReader> with this line:

    / vtkSmartPointer<vtkDelimitedTextReader> reader =/
    /    vtkSmartPointer<vtkDelimitedTextReader>::New();/

Unfortunately I get an error message, during the compilation (Using
Visual Studio 2008):
/
//">Linking...//
//1>ElectrodeDetectorPlugin.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static class vtkDelimitedTextReader * __cdecl
vtkDelimitedTextReader::New(void)"
(__imp_?New at vtkDelimitedTextReader@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
referenced in function "public: static class vtkSmartPointer<class
vtkDelimitedTextReader> __cdecl vtkSmartPointer<class
vtkDelimitedTextReader>::New(void)"
(?New@?$vtkSmartPointer at VvtkDelimitedTextReader@@@@SA?AV1 at XZ)//
//1>C:\Users\fschiffers\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\EEGElectrodeDetector\Win32\Release\EEGElectrodeDetector.exe :
fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals"/

So I thought I included everything I need, but I don't know what to do
anymore. By the way, I'm using vtk-5.10

Do I need to link a special library? I link these:

    /QVTK.lib/
    /vtksys.lib/
    /vtkzlib.lib/
    /vtkVolumeRendering.lib/