[vtkusers] Need Help in VTK Orientation

qt.itk.vtk.help qt.itk.vtk.help at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 10:34:39 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am using VTK 5.10. My Application flow is  reading Dicom images using
DicomReader then segment it and  saving result by using VTKSTL writer.
When i am generating the Stl its Physical position is not correct.In detail.
Volume Bound is taken from VTKImage (inputimageread from ITK reader convert
into VTKImage)
 -50 199.512
-102 147.312
58.25 290.75

While according to DICOM tag it should be
-50 -102 58.25  for first image
-50 -102 -174  for last image

STL location
Zmin 178
Zmax 221.99
and here i need Z flip also .

but it should come according to Dicom Physical position of that images
Zmin -59.25
Zmax -104.250

I want to set VTK orientation according to DICOM So, that i would map  the
Dicom(physical position ) to VTK world position.

Please give me some clue.Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
tabshi