[vtkusers] VTK compilation error

Carlo Cooper olracrepooc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 21:10:44 EDT 2013

Hi.

I'm a long time user of VTK.  I've just got a new laptop and am in the
process of setting up my VTK installation.

I have Visual Studio 2008 Professional, cloned VTK v6.0.0.rc3.  Python 2.7,
Cmake 2.8.11

Whenever I build VTK I keep getting strange errors:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _real_initvtkCommonCorePython
referenced in function _initvtkCommonCorePython
File:vtkCommonCorePythonInit.obj
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _real_initvtkCommonSystemPython
referenced in function _initvtkCommonSystemPython
File:vtkCommonSystemPythonInit.obj
fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'..\..\lib\Release\vtkImagingCore-6.1.lib'   File: vtkImagingFourier
And so on.

I have been working with 5.10 until today without incident.

I compiled it on another PC this afternoon using VS 2012 and it worked
perfectly. (but I couldn't compile my own modules).

I've been trawling through the documentation, searching, and I can't find
anything that helps me.  But I may be looking for the wrong thing too.

Any thoughts/guidance will be gratefully received.

Carl.