[vtkusers] vtkImagePlaneWidget edit slice before rendering

the_shark mdccnunes at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 16 09:18:29 EDT 2013

Hello VTK list,

I am trying to understand how I can get a 2D slice from the
vtkImagePlaneWidget or from the vtkResliceImageViewer class.

What I want to do is, just before a new 2D image slice of a volume is
displayed, I want to perform some calculations and transformations over that
2D slice.

How and where do I get it ? I suppose there is some event where I can get
the slice position when there's an update and there I could execute my
functions.

In case I was not clear, here's the sequence of what I want to do:

ImageData-> planewidget with reslice image viewer -> get slice -> perform
calculation -> update display with new image.

Thank you in advance.