[vtkusers] vtkBorderWidget: borders not drawn

Michael Flath michael.flath at t-online.de
Sat Sep 14 12:29:35 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have the following problem with the vtkBorderWidget:

On certain computers the outline of the widget is not drawn, while all other
widgets and visualizations I have been using are working fine. I found that
problem on two out of five windows machines. They all have different
hardware, in particular graphic cards. Below is the code I'm using to setup
the widget. The widget itself seems to be there. If I move the cursor to the
location where the widget is supposed to be, I can manipulate the position
and borders, although I don't see them.

Does anyone know the reason for this behavior or possibly some hints?

I'm using Qt4.8.4 and vtk 5.10.1 on windows 7.

.

vtkSmartPointer<vtkBorderWidget> borderWidget =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkBorderWidget>::New();

borderWidget->SetInteractor(interactor);

static_cast<vtkBorderRepresentation*>
(borderWidget->GetRepresentation())->GetBorderProperty()->SetColor(0,1,0);

static_cast<vtkBorderRepresentation*>
(borderWidget->GetRepresentation())->SetPosition(0.45,0.45);

static_cast<vtkBorderRepresentation*>
(borderWidget->GetRepresentation())->SetPosition2(0.10,0.10);

borderWidget->SelectableOff();

borderWidget->On();

static_cast<vtkBorderRepresentation*>
(borderWidget->GetRepresentation())->SetVisibility(true);

plotWidgetFullView->GetRenderWindow()->Render();

.

Thanks, Michael