[vtkusers] writing .obj files

Greg Hanowski greg at tekknow.net
Fri Sep 13 17:36:57 EDT 2013

John,

How would I determine that?

I was able to get the WritePLY script to compile and run, but not WriteOBJ.
When I imported the .ply file into Blender, however, it showed up as a
series of points instead of centerlines.  So I'd prefer to get WriteOBJ to
work.

I've done some other things and now I'm getting the following error:

Error      1              error C2504: 'vtkExporter' : base class undefined
C:\Users\Greg\Documents\VTK\VTK6.0.0.0\Source\IO\Export\vtkOBJExporter.h

When I double-click on the error it jumps to the following line in
vtkOBJExporter.h:

class VTKIOEXPORT_EXPORT vtkOBJExporter : public vtkExporter

Anybody have any other ideas?

Greg