[vtkusers] How to change camera angle in slow motion?

Jian Li jian.li at cometsolutions.com
Thu Sep 12 15:50:23 EDT 2013

Hi;

I'm using vtk-6.1.0 on Windows 7. I created a view widget which has options to change camera angles, such as, Bottom, Front, Left, Right .... And the following  is part of the code that handles the camera position.

    dataPtr_->renderer_->GetActiveCamera()->SetPosition(newPos[0] + focalPoint[0], newPos[1] + focalPoint[1], newPos[2] + focalPoint[2]);
    dataPtr_->renderer_->GetActiveCamera()->SetViewUp(newPos[3], newPos[4], newPos[5]);
    dataPtr_->renderer_->GetActiveCamera()->SetViewAngle(30);
    dataPtr_->renderer_->GetActiveCamera()->OrthogonalizeViewUp();
    dataPtr_->renderer_->ResetCameraClippingRange();
    dataPtr_->renderer_->ResetCamera();
    dataPtr_->displayWidget_->GetRenderWindow()->Render();

They work fine, but  the view of the object is updated instantly like changing a slide. I wonder if there is a setting that can show the movement in slow motion, i.e. user can see the object in the scene  rotate to the required camera position. I've seen some gui applications have this feature, I don't know if VTK can do it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jian