[vtkusers] vtkImageViewer2 show zoom factor and visible coordinates

Christian Lackas lackas at invicro.com
Thu Sep 12 12:15:07 EDT 2013

* Dean Inglis <inglis.dl at gmail.com> [130912 10:05]:

Dear Dean,

thanks for your vtkCoordinate hint, this go me on the right track again.

I now do this to calculate the zoom with which my image is displayed:

    float getZoom( vtkRenderer *R, vtkImageData *I ) {
        int *dim = I->GetDimensions();
        vtkSmartPointer<vtkCoordinate> c = vtkCoordinate::New();
        c->SetValue( 0, 0, 0 );
        int *res = c->GetComputedDisplayValue( R );
        int a = res[0];
        c->SetValue(dim[0], 0, 0);
        res = c->GetComputedDisplayValue( R );
        return static_cast<float>(res[0]-a)/dim[0];
    }

This is what you had in mind, right, or am I still doing this overly
complicated?

Adding another image actor for the small preview is also a good idea, will look
into this.

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Lackas, Managing Partner