[vtkusers] Crash/Timing problem of QVTKWidget

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Tue Sep 10 12:26:00 EDT 2013

> When i disable the multithreading optimization on my NVIDIA system
settings it
> works. I don't know why this effects the qvtkwidget only (rest works
perfect
> without qt stuff). Is this a bug or a feature?

Well, typically, unless otherwise safeguarded, all VTK object access
must be done from the main GUI thread of a Windows app.

Are you making VTK method calls from a multiple threads?

At least you have a way to keep it from crashing. As to whether it's a
feature or a bug, I'll let others chime in...

:-)