[vtkusers] 'grouping' actors for interaction?

Perryn Fowler pezlists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 23:50:47 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am working on a visualisation that involves rendering the same volume
twice with different opacity and colour settings. This allows us to show
one way of looking at the volume data 'overlaid' with another way.

The only problem is that in 'actor' mode, the interactor allows/forces you
to interact with the volumes independently. So, if you rotate, only one of
our 'views' rotates.

Is there a way of 'grouping' actors for interaction so that they would
rotate together?

Failing that, is there a better way of obtaining the effect we want without
rendering two volumes?

cheers
Perryn