[vtkusers] Building VTK on a BlueGene/P

François Bissey fbissey at slingshot.co.nz
Wed Sep 4 22:08:54 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to build vtk 6.0 on a BlueGene/P. I tried to configure
the build with:
ccmake -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=BlueGeneP-static ../VTK6.0.0

but cmake spit an error message:
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:98 (find_package):
    By not providing "FindVTKCompileTools.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
this
    project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided
by
    "VTKCompileTools", but CMake did not find one.

    Could not find a package configuration file provided by
"VTKCompileTools"
    with any of the following names:

      VTKCompileToolsConfig.cmake
      vtkcompiletools-config.cmake

    Add the installation prefix of "VTKCompileTools" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
or
    set "VTKCompileTools_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above
files.
    If "VTKCompileTools" provides a separate development package or SDK,
be
    sure it has been installed.

I cannot find any of these files anywhere. Are they files that I am
supposed
to provide for cross compilation? If so what should be in them? The wiki
page
on cross compiling with cmake doesn't really offer me any clues and
neither
does the code in CMakeLists.txt.

--
Dr François Bissey