[vtkusers] Extract polylines from the surface

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Wed Sep 4 07:50:24 EDT 2013

David,

It would help if your questions were more specific. For instance,
which polylines do you want to extract from your surface?

Do you want all the edges between polygons? See
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Meshes/ExtractEdges

If you want to extract edges that have only one polygon on a side for
instance (to give one definition of the bounds of the surface), see
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Meshes/BoundaryEdges

Thanks,
Cory

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:33 AM, david bahn <bahndavid2006 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have to extract polylines from the surface, anybody can suggest me, how
> can i do this?
>

> David

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Cory Quammen