[vtkusers] Need to save vtkVolume as an 3D image

Dean Inglis inglis.dl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 14:18:12 EDT 2013

vtkVolume inherits from vtkProp3D: an object that is rendered.
It is not a data container (eg., vtkDataObject) and is therefore not
something you can write to disk.
As you stated, you already have your 3D image (data) in .raw file format.
You could save it in another format (one single file or multiple files) if
needed:

vtkNew<vtkSome_Kind_Of_Image_Writer> writer;
writer->SetInput( my_Raw_Image_Data_Reader->GetOutput() );
writer->SetFileName( a_name );
writer->Write();

regards
Dean