[vtkusers] vtkLoopSubdivisionFilter displays incorrect shape

madz madaramh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 22:26:15 EST 2013

I tried the ButterflySubdivision, but it altered the shape of the graph as
well. I noticed that it renders a butterfly shape (hence the name?) to the
grid. For example if I replace the points of the previous code with the
following, and use the ButterflySubdivision it gives the following results.

points;
        points->InsertNextPoint(0, 0, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(0, 1, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(0, 2, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(1, 0, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(1, 1, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(1, 2, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(2, 0, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(2, 1, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(2, 2, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(3, 0, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(3, 1, 0.5);
        points->InsertNextPoint(3, 2, 0.5);

Normal image without subdivision and with ButterflySubdivision.

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5724689/rect.png>
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5724689/butter_rect.png>

As you can see, some border points seem to exceed the maximum width and
length of the graph while the middle ones are below the actual value.