[vtkusers] vtkImageSlice using UserTransform

Miro Drahos mdrahos at robodoc.com
Mon Nov 25 20:31:43 EST 2013

Hi David,
I was hoping you could advise on an issue I am experiencing with
vtkImageSlice.
Together with the sliced image I am rendering a surface model in the
scene, that the user needs to be able to pick and interact with. When
the surface (~ 20000 vertices) is picked, I call SetUserMatrix() on its
actor to render the translation or rotation that user is performing in
real-time.
This, however has a side-effect that vtkImageSlice uses the matrix and
so the displayed slice is modified during the interaction.
Is there a way to tell vtkImageSlice not to use the UserMatrix? Or
perhaps is there a better way to set the transformation matrix on the
surface/its actor to render the interaction?
I turned SliceAtFocalPointOff() and SliceFacesCameraOff() but that
doesn't change this behavior.
Thank you!
Miro