[vtkusers] vtkThreshold - multiple Input Ports?

Bhanu Hariharan bhanu at petrotel.com
Mon Nov 25 11:31:23 EST 2013

Thanks David for the suggestion of Branching pipeline. Are there any vtk
examples for branching a pipeline.

I had previously attempted to do something like this

//Viewport 1
myUnstructuredGrid.SetScalars(Array1);

Thresholdfilter1.SetInput(myUnstructuredGrid);
//Set Mapper1 and Actor1 etc.
Viewport1 -> Render();

//Viewport 2
myUnstructuredGrid.SetScalars(Array2);

Thresholdfilter2.SetInput(myUnstructuredGrid);
//Set Mapper2 and Actor2 etc.
Viewport2 -> Render();

But I ended up getting same rendering in both - i.e. Array2 in both
viewports. Should I have seen different in both viewports? But if I made a
deep copy of myUnstructuredGrid and used that for Thresholdfilter2, then I
got Array 1 in Viewport 1 and Array 2 in viewport 2. Obviously I do not
want to make a copy of myUnstructuredGrid as it can be  huge.

Did you mean to suggest something different?

Thanks,
Bhanu