[vtkusers] Cast vtkDistanceRepresentation to vtkProp3D

Jose Ignacio Prieto joseignacio.prieto at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 15:47:12 EST 2013

Hi all,
I was wondering if there is any way to cast a vtkDistanceRepresentation
object to a vtkProp3D one to insert it in a vtkProp3dCollection. I am aware
that the former inherits from vtkWidgetRepresentation which inherits from
vtkprop as well as vtkProp3D.
My idea is to set a ruler without using widgets, but controlling it
directly from vtkInteractorStyle in methods like OnLeftButton and so.
Is this a fundamentally wrong approach or I can try something in between?

Thanks!

--
José Ignacio Prieto
Software Engineer