[vtkusers] Access first actor of vtkActorCollection

Girault, Alexis girault at email.unc.edu
Wed Nov 20 14:02:01 EST 2013

Hi,

I use vtkRenderWindows in which I'll use multiple actors ( for me : a surface and glyphs to visualize the vectors, stored in the point data of the surface)

I need to access those actors from the renderwindow and by using GetRenderers()->GetFirstRenderer()->GetActors(), I am able to get  a vtkActorCollection *.

No problem to get the last one, using vtkActorCollection::GetLastActor(), but what about the first one? Or the intermediate ones if I had more than two actors?

I tried to use GetNextActor() but it always gives me a NULL pointer.
So basically I need something like GetFirstActor() or actorList[0].

I found a LOT of people on Google looking for a solution to this problem, but no answers.

Thank you for your help,

Alexis