[vtkusers] Issues while compiling VTK using cmake and VS2010 with VTK_USE_QT option.

Vijaya Rani vijayarani.shanmugavadivu at appasamy.com
Mon Nov 18 06:53:11 EST 2013

Hi

We are trying to compile VTK using Cmake and Visual Studio 2010 in Win64 7
Professional.
Initially we generated the VTK solution in Cmake setup without VTK_USE_QT
option.
The Visual studio project got created sucessfully and we built the
projects in VS 2010 and we were able to run couple of sample applications.
But when we tried to generate the VTK project with VTK_USE_QT option
selected we got the
following warning messages.

CMake Warning (dev) in Common/CMakeLists.txt:
  Policy CMP0022 is not set: INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES defines the link
  interface.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0022" for policy details.  Use the
  cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  Target "vtkCommon" has an INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property which differs
  from its LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES properties.

  INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES:

    vtksys;wsock32;vtksys

  LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES:

    vtksys

  Target "vtkFiltering" has an INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property which
  differs from its LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES properties.

  INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES:

    vtkCommon;vtkCommon

  LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES:

    vtkCommon

 Target "vtkGraphics" has an INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property which differs
  from its LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES properties.

  INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES:

    vtkFiltering;vtkverdict;vtkFiltering

  LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES:

    vtkFiltering

And we tried to build the generated project in VS2010,we ended up with the
following linker errors:
error LNK1104: cannot open file
'C:\libraries\VTK-5.10.1-bin\bin\Release\vtkFiltering.dll'
error LNK1104: cannot open file
'C:\libraries\VTK-5.10.1-bin\bin\Release\vtkImaging.dll'
error LNK1104: cannot open file
'C:\libraries\VTK-5.10.1-bin\bin\Release\vtkIO.dll'

Kindly provide solution to rectify the above errors.

Thanks & Regards
Vijaya Rani S