[vtkusers] VTK with two graphics card

Frank Gao Frank.Gao at guidemia.com
Sun Nov 17 12:32:19 EST 2013

Hi Aashish,

Thanks for your reply. I figured out the problem. It's not the two card
problem. The code to acquire the dedicated graphics card memory returns a
large negative value, so the rendering code just returns.

The amount of memory is declared as vtkIdType, which is integer. So I
guessed two possibilities: the D3D code to return memory is run, or a long
integer is converted to an integer and resulted in a negative value.

We should upgrade to newer version soon. The GPU ray cast mapper returns
128MB if it cannot determine the graphics card memory size, which is too
small nowadays.

Best regards,

Frank