[vtkusers] QT + VTK + Opengl combined in the same qt panel

Soumya soumya.nsec at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 11:37:52 EST 2013

Hello Everyone,

   Currently I am learning vtk and qt as well. I have done some programming
in opengl. I am thinking about building an application where I will use qvtk
widget to put a vtk render window into a qt panel. I am also thinking about
adding an opengl window into the same qt panel and my goal is to interact
between vtk rendering and opengl rendering through qt. For example, suppose
in opengl window I have transfer function and in vtk window I have the
volume. I should be able to change the transfer function and see the result
in vtk window. Can these be achieved using qt? If someone can point me to
some example or tutorial that would be really helpful.. I appreciate your
time and help!

--Cheers,
Soumya