[vtkusers] Bug in vtkTIFFReader reading multi-paged tiff file

Maarten Beek beekmaarten at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 8 16:12:09 EST 2013

Hi all,

vtkTIFFReader crashed for me while loading a multi-paged tiff file.

The crash occured in vtkTIFFReader::ReadGenericImage(), because this->OutputExtent was not set (still NULL).
The scalar type for the image I was loading was unsigned short, so it happened at line 1368.

I changed void vtkTIFFReader::ReadVolume(void* buffer) into void vtkTIFFReader::ReadVolume(void* buffer, int outExt[6]) and added the line this->outputExtent = outExt.

This solved my crash.
I am not sure I am on to something, but thought to let you know.

Maarten