[vtkusers] VTK and Winforms integration

Andres Felipe Ruiz andresfeliperu at gmail.com
Fri May 31 12:42:57 EDT 2013

Thank you all for yor help, but now I am facing another different problem.
I was able to include the VTK window in a Windows Form form from c++. I am
trying to get the example of the sphere to work, but there is some casting
I have not been able to do.

I would like to cast a Kitware::VTK::vtkRenderWindow to a vtkRenderWindow
that is usted in this
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/GeometricObjects/Sphere>
example

Thank you all very much for your help!.

asdf

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM, bnsteel <bnsteel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used Swig (http://www.swig.org/) to manage interactions between a C++
> dll
> and my c# windows application.
>
> I felt that Activiz was not right for me since my data was in the C++ side
> and I didn't want to wrangle it over the c# in order to have the vtk
> wrapper
> push it back to c++.
>
> I made a method to pass the handle of my windows panel to the vtk render
> window
>
> C++ side
> setImageRenderWindowParentID(void *theID){
>         ... (init your vtk render window)
>         renWin2->SetParentId(theID);
> }
>
> C# side
>
>  swig3d.setRenderWindowParentID(m_panel.Handle);
>

> where swig3d is the handle ( via swig) to my C++ class that handles the vtk
> stuff.  I have to handle all of the user interactions between C# and C++,
> so
> it was a good amount of typing, but I get to use the latest and greatest
> vtk
> without the overhead of activiz.
>
>  You will have to update the render window size each time your widows panel
> is re-sized, but everything else can be done on the c++ side.
>
> brooke
>

> --

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

asdf