[vtkusers] vtkInteractorStyleImage and vtkImageActor

Jay Li chyumm at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 13:39:37 EDT 2013

Dear All,

I wonder if I can access the a vtkImageActor object from vtkInteractorStyleImage::WindowLevel().

I used the sample code in QuickViewDemo to interact ITK with VTK. Basically an image was read in ITK then using the itk::ImageToVTKImageFilter connector to construct an vtkImageData object. The vtkImageData object was then passed to a vtkImageActor object "actor" (actor->SetInput(connector->GetOutput()); ) An vtkInteractorStyleImage object "style" was passed in the interactor (interactor->SetInteractorStyle(style);)

I want to capture the mouse movement then change the slice number to display another 2D grey level image.  (Please correct me if I'm wrong here) I was thinking maybe I could reassign an input to the vtkImageActor actor object when the movement is captured in vtkInteractorStyleImage::WindowLevel(), then render the new view. I wonder if there's a way I can access vtkImageActor from vtkInteractorStyleImage. Thanks.

Regards,
Jay