[vtkusers] Attaching meta data to vtkPolyline/vtkPolydata

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Fri May 24 08:32:02 EDT 2013

Hi all,

In my application I generate a large number of polylines, which I then
collect into a polydata object to store. What I would like to do is to
attach some meta data to each polyline. I have thought about using the
SetPointdata or SetCelldata of the polydata object but since this
information is related directly to the lines themselves that seems like a
less than ideal solution. SetCellData seems like it might be a possibility
but I'm not entirely sure what it's intended usage was.

So I'm here for ideas on best to handle this.

Thanks for the help.

Best,

Luke