[vtkusers] ANNOUNCE: vtk 6.0.0.rc1 is available to download

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu May 23 15:07:32 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Dženan Zukić <dzenanz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now I call vtk from CMakeLists like this:
>> FIND_PACKAGE(VTK 6.0 REQUIRED COMPONENTS vtkGUISupportQtOpenGL NO_MODULE)
>>
>> but when compiling the project I still get LNK1181 with
>> vtkTestingGenericBridge.lib if I keep BUILD_TESTING set to off.
>>
>> Setting BUILD_TESTING to 1 solves the issue (regardless of the way how
>> find_package is called). But I think it is stupid to require users to enable
>> building of internal tests just so their normal applications can link
>> properly.
>>
> No one is suggesting you should have to turn on testing for your
> normal application to work. It looks like you have found a bug, and we
> will work on ensuring it is fixed in the next rc. Thanks for testing,
> and your feedback.

On looking into this further I am unable to reproduce it. I see you
are doing this on Windows, and vtkTestingGenericBridge seems to be
giving you the issue. This is only referenced by the vtkFiltersGeneric
TEST_DEPENDS as far as I can tell, could you provide a fuller sample
of your CMake code? It looks like you are trying to find
vtkGUISupportQtOpenGL, which has no dependency on this module,
printing the contents of ${VTK_LIBRARIES} would be useful, along with
exact VTK version (RC1 I guess), compiler, steps to build VTK locally.

Thanks for reporting this issue, hopefully we can get to the bottom of
this soon (I can give this a try on a Windows machine, but I don't see
how vtkTestingGenericBridge is getting linked to from
vtkGUISupportQtOpenGL to be honest - even with testing turned on).

Marcus