[vtkusers] Drawing half a million "vtkParametricEllipsoid"s

VoodooCode MaxSchererMax at gmail.com
Thu May 23 11:21:16 EDT 2013

You were right, it was exactly what I was looking for, but I got a slight
little problem left.

Since I have never head of tensors before I got a question about them. I
heard that in order to rotate the object I need to multiply the tensor the
following way:

T' = RTR^t

with T being the tensor,
R the rotation matrix
and R^t the transposed rotation Matrix.

I tried to rotate a cube by 45°, but it does not rotate :S

I used the rotation matrix

1 0 0
0 .7 -.7
0 .7 .7

and ended up with the tensor

1 0 0
0 .98 0
0 0 .98

What is it that I'm doing wrong? I want to rotate the cube by 45° along the
x - axis.