[vtkusers] array ranges for temporal data, FAST_PATH

Gerrick Bivins Gerrick.Bivins at halliburton.com
Thu May 23 08:08:40 EDT 2013

Hi all,
Is there some way I can use the information in a pipeline to easily figure out the temporal ranges for my data arrays?
Paraview seems to be able to do this, however I'm finding that Paraview has vtk type functionality that isn't in VTK itself.
So is something already available or will I need to loop over all my time steps and calculate the ranges myself?

I ran across this wiki  link:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Information_Keys#Fast_Path_Related_Keys

But it's not clear to me how to use them.

Also, a related question, are there any docs on vtkInformation and how to query them? By trial and error I been able to
replace a pieces of my "query the dataobject code" with information queries but it's really challenging to
figure out what the keys mean, where they are defined (dataobject,executive,algorithm, in/out port etc) and when they are valid to use.

Gerrick

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.