[vtkusers] VTK+java application for distribution

mahendra mahendra123awale at gmail.com
Mon May 20 08:01:06 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I need help in building my VTK+java application in the form of jar file, so
that i can use it on the computer on which VTK is not installed. My
(JAVA+VTK) program is running perfectly fine on my Ubuntu system.

Now i want to build the jar file including all the dependency so that i can
use on other system. I tried to create the jar file including all the *.so
files inside it. After running the program on remote system (Ubuntu 12.04) i
got the following error:

vtkCommonJava not loaded
vtkFilteringJava not loaded
vtkGeovisJava not loaded
vtkGraphicsJava not loaded
vtkHybridJava not loaded
vtkImagingJava not loaded
vtkInfovisJava not loaded
vtkIOJava not loaded
vtkRenderingJava not loaded
vtkViewsJava not loaded
vtkVolumeRenderingJava not loaded
vtkWidgetsJava not loaded
vtkChartsJava not loaded
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
vtk.vtkFileOutputWindow.VTKInit()J
	at vtk.vtkFileOutputWindow.VTKInit(Native Method)
	at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(vtkObject.java:97)
	at vtk.vtkOutputWindow.<init>(vtkOutputWindow.java:62)
	at vtk.vtkFileOutputWindow.<init>(vtkFileOutputWindow.java:62)
	at vtk.vtkNativeLibrary.DisableOutputWindow(vtkNativeLibrary.java:74)
	at Demo.<clinit>(Demo.java:60)

Any one know how to build the jar including all the dependency for VTK?