[vtkusers] comparing data in two meshes that *nearly* match

Seth Gilchrist seth at mech.ubc.ca
Fri May 17 17:48:11 EDT 2013

Hello,
I'm trying to compare data on two meshes that are close to matching, but
don't quite match.

The meshes are the surface of a bone with scalar data representing physical
strain observed at a given point. The bones were measured twice under
different conditions, and the two extracted surfaces are similar, but not
identical.

I have used ICP to align the meshes, but can't figure out a way to compare
the data between the two meshes. One way would be to project the data from
each mesh onto a plane image, or better to warp one mesh to the other and
interpolate the data, but I can't figure that out either.

So that you can see what I'm working with I've uploaded the meshes in vtp
format to
https://share.cfri.ca/?u=SN7q&p=9fAJ

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I want to compare the strain in the
meshes on a point by point basis.

Thanks for your time and ideas,
Seth