[vtkusers] 3Dconnexion with several RenderWindows

Mathieu Moigner mmoigner at phenix-systems.com
Fri May 17 05:27:16 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have a problem trying to use 3d space navigator with several
vtkRenderWindows.

What i did in my first render windows works fine :

vtkRenderWindowInteractor *firstIren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
firstIren->SetUseTDx(true);
MyFirstRenderWindow->SetInteractor(iren);

Then,  when a new window is openned, i want the 3d space navigator to
work in this second window, but i found no way to disconnect it from the
first window.

What I tryed :

MyFirstRenderWindow->GetInteractor()->setUseTDx(false);

vtkRenderWindowInteractor *secondIren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
secondIren->SetUseTDx(true);
MySecondRenderWindow->setInteractor(secondIren);

But it doesn't work, the 3d space navigator is still connected to the
First render window.

Should I delete the firstInteractor (i'd rather not to do that) or
something else ?

Thanks for your help.