[vtkusers] Questions to render seismic data by volume render method

李菲菲 floria at tju.edu.cn
Wed May 15 04:21:46 EDT 2013

 I'm trying to render a 3D seismic data by volumetric ray casting. The data is stored in binary, and the data type is float. I read in the data with the class of vtkImageData2 and the dimension of the data is 100x100x201. There are two questions:
 1 How to choose the points to set opacity and color ?
 2 As vtkVolumeRayCastMapper can only deal with unsigned char or unsigned short , but the data read in is float. How to deal with this problem?

 Many thanks,
 Feifei Li @nscc-tj